Multi-Agency Training and Development Programme 2016/17
To book on any of the following courses/workshops, first please complete the CSCB Training Application Proforma so that we can add you to our data base and then e-mail the proforma and details of your request for training to firstname.lastname@example.org
For details of each event or course please see the
These courses provide foundation knowledge in child abuse and neglect.
The Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect course has been updated and completely rebuilt with a whole new design. It now combines 2 of the old versions, the Young People and the Police version to incorporate them into the new Core version.
Which course is the right one for me?
West Yorkshire LSCB Multi-Agency Safeguarding Trainers have produced this checklist to inform the development of foundation single agency safeguarding training West Yorkshire Foundation Level Training Checklist
Forthcoming Training Courses and Learning Events
- Tues 27th Working with Young People who Sexually Harm 9:30 to 16:00 (Orangebox)
- Weds 5th The Role and Responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead (not for school staff) 9:30 to 16:00 (Calderdale College)
- Thurs 6th Practitioners Tools and Good Practice Workshops (Halifax Town Hall) 9:30 to 11:30
- Fri 7th Three Year Safeguarding Refresher (Venue TBC) 13:00 to 16:30 – EXTRA SESSION DUE TO DEMAND!
- Weds 12th Domestic Abuse Training 12:30 to 16:30 (WomenCentre) – please note there is a requirement for you to complete a short e-learning module prior to attending this course – please contact Allison Waddell or Julie Hartley for more information
- Weds 12th Child Sexual Exploitation Workshop 1 (Venue TBC ) 12:00 to 13:30 – NEW! Bring your lunch and hear from the CSE Hub about their work and how to refer
- Thurs 13th Children Missing from Sight (Orangebox) 9:30 to 13:00 – NEW!
- Mon 17th Child Sexual Exploitation Workshops 2 13:30 to 16:30 (The Shay)
- Weds 19th Alcohol Brief Intervention Training 13:30 to 15:30 (The Basement Project, Carlton St, Halifax)
Implementation of the Charging Policy
Currently, unless otherwise stated, CSCB courses are free to attend for the statutory, voluntary and community sector.
Please note: if you book a place on one of our courses and are then unable to attend, we ask that you give us three working days’ notice. If you do not attend a booked event, or you cancel within 3 working days, a fee of £50.00 will be charged.
In the event of sickness or other unexpected reason for absence on the day, it is a line manager’s responsibility to find an appropriate replacement to attend.
If you are unable to attend a learning event, we would ask that you consider whether a colleague in your team or service could attend instead. If this is the case, please let us know as soon as possible that someone else will be attending, so that we can amend course registers etc.