Multi-Agency Training and Development Programme 2017/18
To book on any of the following courses/workshops, please use the self-registration facility of the Virtual College event management system
For details of each event or course please see the
MA Training Programme 2017-18 V3 updated November 2017
These courses provide foundation knowledge in child abuse and neglect.
The Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect course has been updated and completely rebuilt with a whole new design. It now combines 2 of the old versions, the Young People and the Police version to incorporate them into the new Core version.
Which course is the right one for me?
West Yorkshire LSCB Multi-Agency Safeguarding Trainers have produced this checklist to inform the development of foundation single agency safeguarding training West Yorkshire Foundation Level Training Checklist
Forthcoming Training Courses and Learning Events
- Tues 12th Children Missing from Sight seminar 9:30 to 13:00 (Princess Buildings)
- Weds 13th Multi-agency Reflective Practice Session 9:00 to 11:00 (Princess Buildings) – FIT will present a complex case that involves the TOXIC TRIO and emotional abuse of the children. There are plenty of opportunities to contribute to a reflective discussion and to find out more about how the FIT team work with cases held at Tier 4 of the Continuum of Need (Children in Need) N.B. Change of venue
- Weds 13th Modern Day Slavery/Human Trafficking 13:00 to 16:30 (King’s Centre)
- Thurs 14th Toxic Trio – Children’s Needs Compromised by Parenting 9:30 to 16:00 (Orange Box)
- Thurs 11th Domestic Abuse training: What’s Risk Got To Do With It? – FULL
- Mon 15th Multi-Agency Reflective Practice Session – Led by Adult Services – more details to follow
- Weds 17th Child Sexual Exploitation – Working with Children and Young People involved in CSE 13:30 to 16:30 (Princess Buildings)
- Tues 23rd Multi-Agency Reflective Practice Session 9:00 to 11:00 (CCG offices, Dean Clough)
- Weds 24th Modern Day Slavery/Human Trafficking 13:00 to 16:30 (Three Ways, Ovenden)
- Weds 24th Multi-Agency SMART Planning in Practice 13:00 to 16:30 (Princess Buildings)
- Mon 29th Early Intervention Single Assessment 9:30 to 16:00 (Princess Buildings) N.B. change of date
- Fri 2nd The Role and Responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead 9:30 to 16:00 (Princess Buildings)
- Fri 9th Briefing Domestic Abuse and Impact on Children and Young People 9:30 to 11:30 (Women Centre)
- Tues 13th What’s New? Essential Knowledge Briefing 9:30 to 12:30 (Princess Buildings)
- Thurs 15th Train the Trainer: Basic Safeguarding 9:30 to 16:00 (Pugney Centre, Wakefield)
- Tues 27th Practitioners Tools and Good Practice Workshops 9:30 to 11:30 (Princess Buildings)
- Tues 27th Briefing Recognising Coercive Control 9:30 to 11:30 (Women Centre)
- Weds 28th Three Year Safeguarding Refresher 9:30 to 13:00 (CCG Offices, Dean Clough)
- Thurs 1st Taking the Difficult out of Difficult Conversations workshop 9:30 to 12:30 (Princess Buildings)
- Tues 6th Learning from Serious Case Reviews in Calderdale 9:30 to 12:30 (Princess Buildings)
- Weds 7th Safeguarding Children and Young People in Calderdale: Identifying and Responding to Risks and Unmet Needs 9:30 to 16:00 (venue TBC)
- Weds 7th Modern Day Slavery/Human Trafficking 13:00 to 16:30 (Orange Box)
- Mon 12th Working with Neglect and Highly Resistant Families 9:30 to 16:00 (Calderdale Royal Hospital)
- Weds 14th Early Intervention Single Assessment 9:30 to 16:00 (Venue TBC)
- Weds 14th Domestic Abuse training: What’s Risk Got To Do With It? 9:30 to 13:00 (Women Centre)
- Thurs 15th YHMAST Masterclass Child & Adolescent Neglect: Assessing Harm, Securing Change and Measuring Success 9:30 to 12:30 (Margaret McMillan Tower, Bradford)
- Thurs 15th YHMAST Masterclass Child & Adolescent Neglect: Assessing Harm, Securing Change and Measuring Success 13:30 to 16:30 (Margaret McMillan Tower, Bradford) – N.B. this repeats the morning session
- Fri 16th Multi-Agency Contribution to Child Protection Assessment and Planning (Using the Strengthening Families Approach) 9:30 to 16:00 (venue TBC)
- Tues 20th Multi-Agency Reflective Practice Session – Led by Home Start 9:00 to 11:00 (CCG offices, Dean Clough)
Currently, unless otherwise stated, SAB and CSCB courses are free to attend for the statutory, voluntary and community sector.
Don’t forget! You need to self-register for any of the courses listed above.
Implementation of the Charging Policy
Please note: if you book a place on one of our courses and are then unable to attend, we ask that you cancel your own place on the event management system, giving three working days’ notice. If you do not attend a booked event, or you cancel within 3 working days, a fee of £50.00 will be charged.
In the event of sickness or other unexpected reason for absence on the day, it is a line manager’s responsibility to find an appropriate replacement to attend.
If you are unable to attend a learning event, we would ask that you consider whether a colleague in your team or service could attend instead. If this is the case, please cancel your place on the event management system and advise the colleague to request a place for themselves via the event management system. If the replacement takes place within 3 working days of the course, please e-mail either Julie.Hartley@calderdale.gov.uk or Allison.Waddell@calderdale.gov.uk to advise of the swop and to avoid a late cancellation charge.