Multi-Agency Training and Development Programme 2017/18
To book on any of the following courses/workshops, please use the self-registration facility of the Virtual College event management system
For details of each event or course please see the
MA Training Programme April 2017-March 2018 updated October 2017
These courses provide foundation knowledge in child abuse and neglect.
The Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect course has been updated and completely rebuilt with a whole new design. It now combines 2 of the old versions, the Young People and the Police version to incorporate them into the new Core version.
Which course is the right one for me?
West Yorkshire LSCB Multi-Agency Safeguarding Trainers have produced this checklist to inform the development of foundation single agency safeguarding training West Yorkshire Foundation Level Training Checklist
Forthcoming Training Courses and Learning Events
- Weds 25th Three Year Safeguarding Refresher 9:30 to 13:00 (Orange Box)
- Weds 1st Modern Day Slavery/Human Trafficking 9:00 to 12:30 (Orange Box)
- Tues 7th Child Sexual Abuse 9:30 to 12:30 (Princess Buildings) – FULL!
- Mon 13th Parental Mental Health: Impact on Children 13:00 to 16:00 (Orange Box)
- Tues 14th Introduction to Safeguarding Supervision: Using the Multi-Agency Supervision Framework 9:30 to 16:00 (Princess Buildings – TBC)
- Thurs 16th Child Sexual Exploitation Briefing 12:00 to 13:30 (Halifax Town Hall)
- Mon 20th Multi-agency Reflective Practice Session 9:00 to 11:00 (Princess Buildings TBC)
- Mon 20th Briefing Coercive and Controlling 14:00 to 16:00 (Women Centre)
- Weds 22nd Writing and Contributing to Multi-Agency Chronologies 9:30 to 11:30 (Dean Clough) – few places left!
- Fri 24th Briefing: What Next? Using the Calderdale Multi-Agency Domestic Abuse, Stalking and Harassment (DASH) Risk Assessment with Service Users 9:30 to 11:30 (Women Centre)
- Mon 27th Early Intervention Single Assessment 9:30 to 16:00 (Orange Box) – no longer available via Workforce Development
- Thurs 30th Working with Young People who Sexually Harm 9:30 to 16:00 (Three Ways, Ovenden)
- Fri 1st What’s New? Essential Knowledge Briefing – input on: the impact of Welfare Reform; Sleep on It; impact of GDPR; PACE; 9:30 to 12:30 (Princess Buildings)
- Weds 6th Disguised Compliance 9:30 to 15:00 (Orange Box) – few places left!
- Thurs 7th Train the Trainer: Basic Safeguarding 9:30 to 16:00 (Tolson Museum, Huddersfield) – only one place left!
- Tues 12th Children Missing from Sight seminar 9:30 to 13:00 (Princess Buildings)
- Weds 13th Modern Day Slavery/Human Trafficking 13:00 to 16:30 (King’s Centre)
- Thurs 14th Toxic Trio – Children’s Needs Compromised by Parenting 9:30 to 16:00 (Orange Box)
Currently, unless otherwise stated, SAB and CSCB courses are free to attend for the statutory, voluntary and community sector.
Don’t forget! You need to self-register for any of the courses listed above.
Implementation of the Charging Policy
Please note: if you book a place on one of our courses and are then unable to attend, we ask that you give us three working days’ notice. If you do not attend a booked event, or you cancel within 3 working days, a fee of £50.00 will be charged.
In the event of sickness or other unexpected reason for absence on the day, it is a line manager’s responsibility to find an appropriate replacement to attend.
If you are unable to attend a learning event, we would ask that you consider whether a colleague in your team or service could attend instead. If this is the case, please let us know as soon as possible that someone else will be attending, so that we can amend course registers etc.