Multi-Agency Training and Development Programme 2016/17
To book on any of the following courses/workshops, please use the self-registration facility of the Virtual College event management system
For details of each event or course please see the
These courses provide foundation knowledge in child abuse and neglect.
The Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect course has been updated and completely rebuilt with a whole new design. It now combines 2 of the old versions, the Young People and the Police version to incorporate them into the new Core version.
Which course is the right one for me?
West Yorkshire LSCB Multi-Agency Safeguarding Trainers have produced this checklist to inform the development of foundation single agency safeguarding training West Yorkshire Foundation Level Training Checklist
Forthcoming Training Courses and Learning Events
- Weds 13th Multi-Agency SMART Planning in Practice 13:00 to 16:00 (Northgate House)
- Thurs 14th Train the Trainer: Basic Safeguarding 9:30 to 16:30 (Three Ways, Ovenden)
- Fri 15th What’s New? Essential Knowledge Briefing 9:30 to 12:30 (Halifax Town Hall)
- Tues 19th Briefing Domestic Abuse and Impact on Children and Young People 13:30 to 15:30 (WomenCentre)
- Weds 20th Three Year Safeguarding Refresher 9:30 to 13:00 (Orange Box)
- Weds 20th Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery Workshop 13:00 to 16:30 (Three Ways, Ovenden)
- Thurs 21st Taking the Difficult out of Difficult Conversations 9:30 to 11:30 (venue to be confirmed) – NEW!
- Fri 22nd Multi-Agency Reflective Practice Session 11:00 to 13:00 (Halifax Town Hall) – Presentation by a CSE specialist worker – focus on a case dealt with by the CSE Hub
- Tues 26th Multi-Agency Contribution to Child Protection Assessment and Planning (Using the Strengthening Families Approach) 9:30 to 16:00 (Three Ways, Ovenden)
- Thurs 28th Working with Neglect and Highly Resistant Families 9:30 to 16:00 (Orange Box, Halifax)
- Mon 2nd Learning from Serious Case Reviews in Calderdale 9:30 to 12:30 (The Shay Stadium)
- Tues 3rd Domestic Abuse training: What’s Risk Got To Do With It? 9:30 to 13:30 (WomenCentre)
- Fri 6th Safeguarding Children and Young People in Calderdale: Identifying and Responding to Risks and Unmet Needs 9:30 to 16:00 (Orange Box, Halifax)
- Mon 9th to Sun 15th Safeguarding Week – look out for the Safeguarding Week brochure and range of learning events on offer during this week
- Mon 9th Launch of Safeguarding Week – Performances by Pennine Movers, Local Schools, short presentations by Senior Managers of the Local Authority, West Yorkshire Police and CCG; Independent Chairs of the Safeguarding Adults and Children Boards; Market Stalls (find out about local services and support); Focus group discussions – 9:00 to 12:15 (The Shay Stadium) – Booking required for main presentations and entertainment; drop in from 11:00 to 12:15 for Market Stalls and Focus group discussions
- Tues 10th Supporting Young People to Stay Safe On-Line 9:30 to 16:00 (Three Ways, Ovenden)
- Tues 10th West Yorkshire Multi-Agency Safeguarding Trainers present: Suicide Awareness: The Impact on Children and Young People 9:30 to 12:30 (Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield, WF1 4DG) – NEW! – Limited Places available
- Tues 10th Alcohol Brief Intervention Training 9:30 to 11:30 (The Basement Project, 10 Carlton Street, Halifax, HX1 2AL)
- Weds 11th Alcohol Brief Intervention Training 13:30 to 15:30 (The Basement Project, Carlton Street, Halifax, HX1 2AL)
Currently, unless otherwise stated, SAB and CSCB courses are free to attend for the statutory, voluntary and community sector.
Don’t forget! You need to self-register for any of the courses listed above.
Implementation of the Charging Policy
Please note: if you book a place on one of our courses and are then unable to attend, we ask that you give us three working days’ notice. If you do not attend a booked event, or you cancel within 3 working days, a fee of £50.00 will be charged.
In the event of sickness or other unexpected reason for absence on the day, it is a line manager’s responsibility to find an appropriate replacement to attend.
If you are unable to attend a learning event, we would ask that you consider whether a colleague in your team or service could attend instead. If this is the case, please let us know as soon as possible that someone else will be attending, so that we can amend course registers etc.