Priority 2 of CSCB Business Plan is that Calderdale Safeguarding Children Board
Know which children are vulnerable and are assured they are protected
The information on this page is linked to this priority.
This links to the Children’s Commissioners website which has lots of useful information for children and young people, parents, carers and professionals. It includes new reports, research findings, news articles and much more
See also the dedicated pages on
- Private Fostering
- Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
- On-line Safety
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
An app has been made available, via this link, which provides information for males and females who want to find out more about this issue.
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is abuse although not many people know about it or how to get help.
FGM is when a girl’s external genitalia (private parts) are cut or pricked. It is mainly carried out on young girls between the ages of 8 – 15, often when girls leave primary school and before they enter secondary school, but can be carried out at any age. There are different types of FGM.
The app includes:
- The facts about FGM including what it is, effects on health, why it’s practised, the law, what the UK Government is doing
- Views about FGM from girls, young women, men, religious leaders, FGM survivors, organisations
- Take action – what you can do to end FGM and situations you may come across
- Help and support
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section including ‘what would happen if…?’,
- Glossary which gives explanations for some of the words used in this app